ORIC (Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization)
HEC has started working to organize the research activities of universities/HEIs by ensuring availability of well-established and fully functional ORIC (Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization) in public/private sector Universities of the country. Therefore ORIC is established under the directives of HEC in HEIs (Higher Education Institutions) including FJWU.
To promote and strengthen research culture in FJWU and link the industry with university which would encourage and accelerate the process of creation and diffusion of knowledge that would serve the objective of establishment of HEI.
Aims of ORIC
- To promote high quality of research which classifies FJWU as among the best research oriented HEIs.
- To provide strategic and operational support to the FJWU’s research activities/program, and to have a central role in facilitating the FJWU’s research outcomes.
- To strengthen university-industry linkage through ORIC.
- Providing support to the students and faculty in their research.
- To apply the research practically in order to improve the economy of the country.
- To develop partnership with universities to form joint research ventures.
- To work out for the publication of the research work carried out in the university.
- To promote entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energizes and supports the local and national economy.
- Improve the hiring and retention of top faculty.
Functions of ORIC
- To work under the directions of HEC.
- Conduct two meetings a year with HEC.
- Identifying and informing the faculty about the research grants opportunities for them to apply and then assist them in acquiring funds from international and national funding agencies.
- To keep track of all the researches carried out in the university by faculty and staff and then commercialize the relevant research to reap maximum benefit for the industry and therefore translating the research into the public benefit.
- To deal with plagiarism cases and to advance an anti-plagiarism culture via powerful software for detecting plagiarism i.e. turnitin.
- Arranging seminars and workshops for the university’s students and faculty.
LIST OF FJWU AVAILABLE TESTING FACILITY & EQUIPMENT Download