Fatima Jinnah Women University (FJWU) has established linkages with universities of USA and Canada. Memoranda of Understanding have been signed between FJWU and the following Universities:
- University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Southern Polytechnic State University, USA
- Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Glasgow, UK
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Huddersfield, UK
- Communication University China, China
- Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- California State University, Fullerton, USA
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- Roehampton University, UK
- University of Kelaniya , Sri Lanka
- Universidade De Évora, Portugal
- The University of Texas, Austin
- University of Leicester, UK
These links have been developed to meet the following objectives:
- Capacity building of students and faculty.
- Enhancement and strengthening of the Research and Development (R&D) base in the University.
- Introduction of the innovative international inputs into the university vision.
HEC has approved the grant for FJWU international linkages in the following three areas:
- Joint / Split Ph.D
- Joint Research
- Joint Faculty Visits
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
This collaboration is basically focused on video conferencing sessions regarding System Engineering offered by Blekinge Institute of Technology in Spring 2007.
International Strategic Partnerships in Research and Education (INSPIRE)
Fatima Jinnah Women University was awarded funding for a three-year International Strategic Partnerships in Research and Education (INSPIRE).
The departments of Behavioral Sciences (BHS) and Defence and Diplomatic Studies (DDS) have successfully run two projects with (INSPIRE).
The project titled, "Anxiety among Adolescents in Pakistan" was launched by Department of BHS, with Dr. Farah Qadir as team leader.
With Dr. Saima Ashraf Kayani as the FJWU team leader, the department of DDS has run a project titled, "Capacity Building of Women Parliamentarian Regarding Peace and Conflict Research".
Both these projects are in their final stages of successful completion.
International Collaboration of BS(SE)
Software Engineering Department of FJWU has academic collaboration with high ranking international universities like Fullerton, USA University, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Lulea University of Technology that offer scholarship for higher studies to outstanding students of Software Engineering Department.
International Collaboration of Environmental Sciences
Environmental Sciences department has international collaboration with university of queenland, Australia. Our students are a pride for the university, some of them having won Emma-West Scholarship for the year 2014.
International Collaboration of Defense and Diplomatic Studies Department
In collaboration with Peace Studies Department, University of Bradford, UK, the Department of DDS at FJWU will establish a Research Center for Peace and Security. The project is a part of the International Strategic Partnership in Research and Education (INSPIRE) grant by the British Council. Once established, the Center will conduct and publish researches on issues of peace and security with national and international collaborations.